The resources and activities here will assist principals find their and their colleagues' energy sources through reflection on moral purpose.
Within this section is information and strategies for:
- checking and surfacing your and others assumptions
- recognising and celebrating achievements of teams and individuals
- identifying key people who could be enlisted to help lead processes for curriculum change
- capturing strengths of colleagues
- developing staff capacity and supporting their work.
Leading improvement, innovation and change begins with a shared understanding of what you are trying to achieve through the curriculum. It improves when you consider:
- how learning is organised to achieve it
- how you know when you are successful and
- how curriculum improvement and innovation is best led for you, your students and your community.
Curriculum improvement begins with understanding where students are in their learning and continuing to do this through checking for understanding, monitoring learning data and getting and giving feedback. It means asking staff to think about what their students bring to the learning, beginning with students and what we understand about them.
Leading the management of the school begins with a shared understanding of what you are trying to achieve through the curriculum. How learning is organised to achieve it and how you know when you are successful. It means understanding how curriculum improvement and innovation is best led for your students and your community.
The resources provided within this section will help you to review your school's vision, values and moral purpose and assess how they align with the Australian Curriculum. It will help you evaluate the use of assets, including how time is used, to improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
Engaging and working with the community begins with determining the processes that you need to put in place to harness the students' voices, consult with and report back to your community and identify the right external support, advice and models needed to implement the Australian Curriculum.
The resources provided within this section will help you to actively engage the community and remind you to check for inclusive practices from the start.